You can bring hope to children in medical crisis and their families, this holiday season and all year long, through Me Fine Foundation’s annual Hope for the Holidays program!
TWO WAYS TO HELP:
(1) Adopt a family as a Dream Team member, or
(2) Host an Angel Tree — Full for 2019!
Read on for details…
Adopt a Family with the Dream Team!
Just as Me Fine provides a financial safety net for families in crisis throughout the year, our Hope for the Holidays program serves families who are in the midst of a new diagnosis, relapse, or unexpected hospitalization during the holiday season. The Me Fine Dream Team adopts families who would not otherwise have gifts due to a child’s treatment for a medical crisis.
We call our holiday supporters the “Dream Team” because of their willingness to be on call for a family experiencing a sudden medical crisis. Most organizations and groups who adopt families finalize their rosters in September or October. The Me Fine Dream Team helps fill the gap for families who are in the midst of an unexpected medical crisis during the holiday season.
Families will be referred to Me Fine by hospital staff between November 18th and December 11th. Gifts will be distributed to families over the weekend of December 14 & 15th.
How it works:
Step 1 – Fill out the sign-up form here! This will get you a spot on our Dream Team roster and help us to match you with a family as referrals come in.
Step 2 – Me Fine will assign families to Dream Team members as we receive referrals from the hospitals. Referrals begin on Monday, November 18 (referral window is 11/18-12/11). Once matched, you will receive a detailed wish list for each child in the home, as well as for the caregiver(s).
Step 3 – Follow the list! Me Fine will have worked directly with the family to identify their needs and wishes.
Step 4 – Shop and drop! Drop off your UNWRAPPED gifts by Wednesday, December 11 at one of our drop off locations in the Triangle.
Grab a Tag from an Angel Tree!
Full for 2019! A big THANK YOU to this year’s partners:
- bioMerieux, Inc. (1101 Hamlin Road & 100 Rodolphe St, Durham)
- Championship Martial Arts (8111 Tryon Woods Dr, Cary)
- Chapel Hill Police Department (Chapel Hill)
- Clayton Fitness (1370 Cameron Way, Clayton)
- Drs. Folden Lee & Win Bell, DDS (5400 Barber Mill Road, Clayton)
- Elliott Davis (5410 Trinity Rd, Ste. 320, Raleigh)
- Heartland Financial Advisor (1 Glenwood Ave, 5th floor, Raleigh)
- Jones Cafe (415 E Main Street, Clayton)
- MediWeightLoss (1911 Falls Valley Dr, Raleigh)
- Netsports (3717 Davis Drive, Morrisville)
- PSI CRO (10 Laboratory Dr, RTP)
- Town Market (1700 US Hwy 70A East; Pine Level, 27568)
Stop by one of our Angel Tree partners today and grab a tag to support our families!
Angel Tree Partners display a collection of hanging tags throughout the holiday season. Each tag corresponds to a child or parent’s request. These requests range from art supplies, baby toys, and teen-friendly board games, to grocery cards and gas cards for caregivers to help offset the costs of travel to and from the hospital. Coworkers and customers alike may choose one or more tags to shop for, and return the unwrapped gift to that location.
If your workplace or community gathering place would like to host an Angel Tree, check out the list of site requirements below. If it’s a fit, sign up here to get started!
Checklist for Angel Tree Sites
- Does this site have at least 30-40 employees and/or customers who will participate?
- Does this site have space to store gifts, including valuable items such as gift cards?
- Does this site have safe, drive-up vehicle access for gift pick-up?
- Is this site willing and able to serve as a drop-off location for Dream Team members to deliver family-specific gifts?
If your site does not fit these criteria but you would still like to get involved, email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss alternative ways to support pediatric patients and families.