Hope for the Holidays 2016
Over the past year, Me Fine has been working with Duke and UNC Children’s Hospitals to adapt our programs to the changing needs of the children and families we serve.
Hope for the Holidays now includes even more opportunities to support families in crisis and bring lasting joy to children living with critical illness. We hope you’ll share our excitement to bring real help and hope this holiday season!
Help Me Fine Share Hope:
- Adopt a Family – The Me Fine Dream Team has been uniquely tasked with providing Christmas for families in the midst of an initial diagnosis, relapse, or who find themselves spending their final holiday together. We need your help to fill the wish list of a family in crisis between now and Christmas.
How to get involved:
- Gather any number of people – family members, friends, coworkers, church groups.
- SIGN UP HERE and choose a budget that fits your group financially. Let us know if you have any timeline restrictions as well.
Between now and Christmas, Me Fine staff will match you to a family and send you a wish list for each child in the home. We also request a gift card on behalf of parents as a special surprise.
Go shopping! Unwrapped gifts can be dropped off at Me Fine partner locations throughout the Triangle until Monday, December 12.
Families are referred to us on a rolling basis, as hospitals receive new admissions or learn of crisis situations.Me Fine is the only nonprofit ready to respond to these last-minute needs — but don’t worry, you’ll still have time to shop! Our goal is to give you at least a week to fill the wish list, and Me Fine staff are ready to lend a hand if you need it.
- Community Champion Projects – After months or years of in-patient stays, families at Duke and UNC Children’s view their hospital unit as their community. Community Champions make a lasting impact on multiple children and families with a gift to a particular hospital community. Working with hospital staff, we’ve developed Community Champion projects that meet specific, urgent, and on-going needs. Community Champions also have the opportunity to deliver their gift to the hospital with Me Fine!HOW IT WORKS (click here)Check out the full list of projects HERE
- Angel Trees – Angel Trees will be on display at local businesses across the Triangle and surrounding areas from Nov 1 – Dec 16. Please stop by one of the locations below and grab a tag to help our families!
ANGEL TREES ARE CURRENTLY HOSTED AT:
- Triangle Presbyterian Church (5001 Tudor Pl, Durham, NC 27713)
- Clayton Fitness (1370 Cameron Way, Clayton, NC 27520)
- Folden Lee, DDS (1500 Barber Mill Rd., Clayton, NC 27520)
- Hometowne Realty (328 E. Main St., Clayton, NC 27520)
- Medi Weightloss Raleigh (1911 Falls Valley Dr., Ste 105, Raleigh, NC 27615)
- Second Hope Shop (5100 US Highway 70 E., Princeton, NC 27569)
- Tippy Toes Dance Studio (104 S. Pine, Princeton, NC 27569)
- Town Market (1700 US Highway 70A East, Pine Level, NC 27568)
Championship Martial Arts (8111 Tryon Woods Dr #201, Cary, NC 27518)
Quintessential Wellness (620 North Carolina Hwy 42 W, Clayton, NC 27520)
Clayton Smiles (964 NC-42, Clayton, NC 27520)